Administration in Panvel
Responsibilities of PMC and CIDCO
- Art and culture promotion
- Heritage conservation
- Maintaining the record of births and dates of the residents
- Managing public complaints registration and complaint status
- Development of land to provide the required infrastructure
- Development and maintenance of roads, bridges and streetlights
- Providing drinking water to the city
- Waste management by looking after the drainage and sewerage system
- Offering a healthy and energizing atmosphere in order to utilize human resources
- Providing basic amenities to the citizens
- Building school, colleges to provide education to the kids and youth of the city
- Building and maintaining community centres, playgrounds, and parks
- Promoting commercial activities and builds and maintains markets to deliver the daily requirements of the citizens
- Encouraging warehousing and transportation
- Reassuring decentralisation of government administration
Central Excise, Customs and Service Tax Commissionerate, Panvel
The responsibilities of the Commissionerate is to recover Central Excise duties on manufactured goods and grant rebate on the excisable goods exported through Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT). It includes the reclamation of service tax on the service providers as well. It screens the undertakings of the 100 % Export Oriented Units within the jurisdiction as well.
There are five ranges under Panvel division. The jurisdictions of the ranges are:
- Panvel City: It includes the area of Panvel city and area of right and left side of Mumbai - Goa road up to village Karnala, which falls under Panvel Taluka and the area at the left and right side after New Panvel on the Mumbai-Pune road up to Dand Phata.
- Panvel PCIE: It includes the area starting from village Khandeshwer at the left of Mumbai-Pune road and at the village Ajivali.
- Uran I: It includes the area covered by six villages—Mora, Kegaon, Ranwad, Mahatavali, Nagaon and Peer Wadi.
- Uran II: It includes all the area of Uran Taluka except the area covered by Uran I range.
- Kamothe: It includes Jawahar Coop. Industrial Estate (JCIE) and Kamothe of Panvel Taluka.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 1